Friday 19 April 2013

What could be improved?

It is time for my final blog post!
Although I thoroughly enjoyed the Digital Culture course, there are a few things I personally would have preferred to have learnt.
As I am learning to become a magazine journalist, I was hoping that the course would involve more things that include how a journalist would use the internet and technology in order to do their jobs. 

Although I did find the majority of the topics we learnt about quite interesting, I think it would of been better if the topics were explained more as some of us (a.k.a me) didn't understand some of the technology talk, and it felt like we had most of the lesson time to just research on computers. Although this was helpful, I feel that I personally would of benefitted more from getting explanations from the lecturer. I think it would of been good if we were to learn about piracy in particular, as this really relates to journalism.

I also think it would of been a good idea to get feedback on my blog more regularly. For example the only time I really got feedback for my work was after it was given in (and then it was too late to change anything). This way it would mean that I would of got higher then a C for my first load of blog posts (sigh...)

My favourite blog posts that I enjoyed writing about were the digital democracy about Kony, as I really had an interest in the campaign back in the day. As well as this one I enjoyed writing about the google glasses. Although I think it's a stupid idea it does look quite fun and I'm looking forward to the day they are released!

Overall, I have really enjoyed my digital culture lessons and writing this blog. Thank you if you have read this blog (if anyone), and thanks for a great first year at university.

No comments:

Post a Comment